Sunday, April 27, 2008

The last exam as a Batch together. 26 Apr 2008

So finally the day has come though I know it how much I wanted to delay this day but every begining has a end so was to be for this too. Pulling myself up for the college I saw the routine things enroute, but still I felt some thing different in them than usuall. The trees tall as 100' plus standing there from ages, were looking very sad today as if they too understood that we all are leaving and in that grief as if they were shredding the leaves to say good bye to all of us. Giving a soft carpet of leaves to walk upon. My already sad soul was feeling more lonesome than ever. With each step towards the college I was feeling that probably this is one of my last few walk to the college and I wanted to really capture all the scenes in my memory.


We have a tradition to wear some thing different for our last exam day. Keeping up with this tradition it was decided that the last exam as a batch to be given in black tee shirt and blue denims. Exam was Strategic and Operational Management of Technology. The subject was tought by Prof SK De. He is one Prof whose lectures I will really miss. This semester still the fun was less in his class as compared to last year when half the class use to be in dark and he use to teach with full enthusiasm and God forbid the person who use to disturb him. Exam started with Prof Prabina Rajib and Prof Pradhan as invigilators.


Prof Prabina the finance teacher, she is nice lady kind by heart and professionally well that is to be decided by the finance kids not me. I still remember last year she was the warden of the SDS block and some problem had taken place of allotment of rooms to the new first year BTechs and the than Director, Prof Dubey was mad at her, soon the Dean of VGSOM too landed on the spot and the problem was solved with sweet victory to our Prof Prabina. But I believe the lady did not take it in right spirit and soon she resigned as the warden of SDS block. She was looking good with her western outfit, best know to Deepti. :P


Prof Pradhan joined this year, teaches Econometrics which is a elective subject and unfortunately or fortunately I did not take that subject hence cannot say how he is. Best known to his students.


Soon the man of the day came smartly dressed in a blue checked shirt, man he really came smartly dressed to have a have a parting impact on the students specially on whom you know guys. :)).


So finally the exams started with the Profs busy taking rounds of the class and time just flew away. Subba the Gunja king was on my left . Srinivas the Shlumberger guy was in front of me. Sachin Kharche the video guy was on my right and Patnaik, the SK De jr was sitting behind me.


Deepti was there on my left far side and Jyoti on the extreme left side with Kashu in front of her and Jobi sitting behind her. Hey wait you know something what Jyoti did today. HE HE HE bata du kya Jyoti. Nahi Nahi dont worry I wont tell, that is our little secret, right guys.


Soon the exams were over and all were out side in the black tees and blue denims ready for photo shoot. People were hugging and busy shaking hands. Some will probably never sit again in those classes in which they slept, sang , shouted , studied, had fun , had lived life in those class rooms , will never be in there again, neither will be me. Though I have exam tomorrow but it is submission, than on 29th will be DHR but that will be in the HSS dept so no time to come back and attend the lectures.


Oh man I will miss these lectures.Prof Probir Gupta the gold medalist of IIT Khargpur when he was a student in BTech way back in 1965 /67 not exactly sure, Prof Sinha, Prof Guin, Prof Sadhu the gentleman the idol the one who is really worth every penny, Prof Kalyan Chakraborti, Prof Roy Shantanu how can i forget his lectures on OR and his voice " CHICAGO", Prof Biplab Datta the marketing prof than the HR lady Prof Susmita Mukhopadhyay, these few good men and women I will miss them all, will miss their lectures a lot, and ofcourse last but not the least the guest lectures and the trouble our friends use to take to get the students to the class.


The photo session started, but I dont know I was not in it. I was not feeling to be in that group. I was too nostalgic to be with them, I just stayed away and watched them. Later we had few photos with Joe, Kartik, Aman, Sagar, Siddu, Edwin the guitarist, Joydeep, and the great sportsman Joseph.Than we had some thing to eat at Dulal Nandi.


Things have changed a lot, changed yes they have, neways, one has to live on and carry on with it. As they say, change is the only thing that is permanent.


Three more nights in Kharagpur and thats all thats remaining of my life in this college now. May be I will again come here to collect my movement order but thats it. The air has changed, its the season of fall and its time soon for the rain and than for the new leaves to come and so will the new students. Soon will be new friendship and soon some one else will be writing a blog like this, may be and of course the rains and some one will be there to take photos yea some one will be always there...

Adios Guys it was fun being with you all.

4 comments:

Soulmate said...

All the best for the future endeavours..

Rahul More said...

Thankyou very much for your wishes.

dips said...

Hi sir,
read this post only today.... the last exam day came alive with ur words and left me slightly moist-eyed... in office that too! :)

hope you are doing well

~d

& yes... i dont think anybody knows prabina better than me (and neelam) :))

Rahul More said...

Hey Dips,
yea I understand, the memories are too nostalgic and even today when I read it I myself everytime sneak into that exam room and think of those beautiful moments, your video shooting, Jyoti's act, the sad yet excited faces of our class mates, its too good memories I have of all of you. I miss you all and miss those beautiful days a lot.
Hope to catch up with you all some day soon.