Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Sister's pride.

I was just reading through one of the blog and was astonished by the passion of a sister about her brother's work in Armed forces and the pride which she took in her brother being awarded the Nau Sena Medal for gallantry.
Though she did not mention the operation for which her brother has been awarded the gallantry award, but the passion in which she expressed her attending the investiture ceremony has really moved me.
The lady has explained her feelings about meeting the Naval Chief in so simple and lucid language, it really made me feel proud of being in uniform. How many of Indians must be taking that pride, difficult to say, but people like her keeps us going on in our missions and difficulty. It was worth reading every word and really brought the beautiful fond memories of my days in jungle and those beautiful weapons and those lovely night outs in jungles in snow and rain. How beautiful were those days, yea those were the days.
I am really proud of the officer and also the lady, God bless the family and all the walking and wounded soldiers.

2 comments:

Soulmate said...

Thanks a lot for this lovely post. The only reason I did not mention about the operation is, the information is classified. I was specifically told not to mention it in front of anyone.
I am sure as an Officer in Army, you will know and understand this.

Rahul More said...

Yup I fully agree with you. Lot of information we keep burried down hidden from the world. But such information should come out, so that the next generation knows what is being done for them.
The place and dates can be changed but things must come out cause this country of ours requires to be told what is going on in the defence.
Ne ways a great job done thats what I have to say and I do understand what he must have undergone.
Mission accomplished. FATEH SADAH HAMARI.